Help on packaging

Ryan Feng odayfans at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 07:58:06 UTC 2012

Hi Andrea,

I've successfully compiled and run Amarok on OS X 10.7, it won't be hard if
you are willing to spend some time to compile it and use macports. Here is
a simple how-to:

1. Download and install Macports
2. Install these packages using macports: git, ccache, cmake, dbus,
kdelibs4, kde4-runtime, mysql5, taglib, taglib-extras
3. You may need to edit '/opt/include/include/kdemacros.h' before compiling
since there's a bug in macports:
Add '#define __KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY' before '#ifdef
__KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY'
4. Just follow http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/2.0_Development_HowTo to compile
Amarok like in Linux.

If you have any issue you can email me directly.

Cheers,