2.6 release and release candidate considerations

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Wed Jul 18 20:28:03 UTC 2012

Hi list, Ralf & Bart,
after I've returned from a couple of days of off-line time, I've found out that
Bart wants release a RC before releasing 2.6 - something I strongly support
given the severity of some post-beta changes.

However, IMO this is a great opportunity for us to release a RC with even more
somehow invasive changes that fix release blockers and are currently sitting on
the review board, namely:
 * https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/105488/ (fixes bug 298275, waits for re-
ack by Ralf)
 * https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/105610/ (fixes bug 299890, waits for ack
by Bart as he seems to understand EngineController)

Bart, have you already made the 2.6 RC package? If not, would you bother to
retag the RC when above fixes are pushed to master? I can merge them as soon as
they're acked.

Optionally, I think we can be even more daring and merge test-fixing one to 2.6
RC, too:
 * https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/105524/ (fixes testm3uplaylist, waits for
Ralf's or Bart's reply)

Cheers,