GSoC update : Semantic Collection in Amarok

Phalgun Guduthur phalgun.guduthur at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 17:23:35 UTC 2012

Hello,

The summary :

I now use MemoryMeta::MapChanger successfully to add tracks, which takes
care of duplicate additions, checking for existing meta objects etc.

The results do show. If strigi was unable to assign an album to a song, it
automatically is assigned a "Unknow Album", like Ralf Engels ( rengels )
mentioned the other day.

But the problem is, all the artists are clubbed together. An example :
http://i.imgur.com/tRtkS.png
The local collection lists all the artists separately on the first level
and the albums on the second level.
But not so in the Nepomuk Collection. I will look into this later. ( I
welcome pointers on why this might be happening )

I will now work on running the nepomuk query and the subsequent enumeration
as a background job.
This should speed up things.

I will then run a few straightforward tests, ask a few people to give the
plugin a try and evaluate the response times. And then decide on a separate
cache based querying approach like Bart Cernels ( Stecchino ) mentioned.
Whether it needs immediate attention or not.

Have pushed the code as usual in my 'gsoc' branch.
http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=clones%2Famarok%2Fguduthur%2Famarok-nepomuk.git&a=shortlog&h=refs/heads/gsoc

Cheers :)
Phalgun