GSoC update : Semantic Collection in Amarok

Phalgun Guduthur phalgun.guduthur at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 13:20:34 UTC 2012

Hello!

Another update on the progress of my GSoC project. I have been trying to
come up with a Nepomuk Collection, which scans the Nepomuk index for audio
tracks, and the collection be used as a plugin.

The status of the project, from the last update :

   - The Nepomuk Collection shows up in the GUI and lists all the tracks
   scanned from Nepomuk i as well. I click on the track and it starts playing!
   - A screenshot : http://i.imgur.com/9eWIm.png

I will spend this week on implementing the finer details of the collection
(artists with different capitalization in their labels etc) and trying to
run the queries in a background job so that Amarok boots up faster.

The plugin can be given for a spin by users now, make sure you have Nepomuk
enabled to use this collection. Be warned, the functionality is minimal and
stability fragile.
Grab the source code
here<http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=clones/amarok/guduthur/amarok-nepomuk.git&a=summary>
.