Fwd: Information Needed on use of thread weaver in amarok

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon Jan 2 21:51:03 UTC 2012

FYI, I think this belongs here.

Could somebody please answer?

Thanks, Myriam

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Janardhan Reddy <annapareddyjanardhanreddy at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 16:56
Subject: Information Needed on use of thread weaver in amarok
To: amarok at kde.org

Hi,
My name is Janardhan, i am planning to use thread weaver for digikams
as amarok does to utilize the power of muticore cpu.
Could someone please clarify my following queries:
1.amarok uses global static instance of threadweaver,and maximum
number of threads to be used is not specified in code anywhere if i am
correct.
Does it not consume too much of cpu making the computer slow. Is there
a way to control the cpu used.

2. Is it better to have global static instance of threadweaver or
local instances of threadweaver::weaver .

http://www.fsfe.org