Queries Regarding GSoC 2012 Project : Spotify Collection

Teo Mrnjavac teo at kde.org
Sat Feb 25 18:58:08 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 19:00, vikash anand <vikashanand.mit at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Hello Vikash,

thanks for choosing Amarok!

I'm an Amarok developer but not the one that originally posted the
Spotify Collection idea, he's away at the moment but I wanted to let
you know we're not ignoring you :)

I personally don't know much about Spotify, but from what I gather
it's only available in a restricted set of countries. For this GSoC
project it is required that the student has access to a Spotify
subscription from his/her place of residence, I don't know where
you're based but keep that in mind before preparing a proposal.

You can find some general information about getting involved with KDE
as a GSoC student here [1], and here [2] are some accepted proposals
from past years.

If you wish to take part in GSoC with Amarok we advise you to prepare
a draft of your proposal(s) well before the deadline and submit it for
review on this mailing list so we can help you improve it. If you have
more specific questions feel free to ask here, otherwise for general
KDE+GSoC related questions #kde-soc is the place to be ;)

[1] http://community.kde.org/GSoC
[2] http://goo.gl/EvyrX

Cheers,
--