Google - summer of code, Amarok unit testing (Teo Mrnjavac)

Teo Mrnjavac teo at kde.org
Fri Dec 28 18:02:25 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Tomáš Zahradník <tzahradn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I am a high school student (more accurately a gymnasium student) from Czech
> Republic, Prague. For several months I am strongly concerned with
> programmig, especially in C++ and Java. I have recently finished my first
> "bigger" project, concretely a card game Crazy 8's (+ developed 4 different
> strategies for computer player). I learned a lot, however, today I would
> make it in an another way (mark of improvement). I am trying to write more
> "clean code".
>
> I am strongly convinced that one best matures in society of professionals.
> That is the purpose of my mail. I read the GSoC project Amarok unit testing,
> that KDE provides for students. I am not experienced in code testing so far,
> however, I am higly motivated to gain this skill. (I am reading a book,
> where several captures are dedicated to testing).
>
> Could you give any further informations about this project, any advices or
> eventually any plans of our cooperation?

Hello Tomas,

as you may already know, right now it is the off season for Google
Summer of Code. We always welcome new contributors, but we do not
always have resources for mentoring them actively. I'm going to
forward this to the Amarok development mailing list to see if there's
somebody who can mentor you (right now I cannot commit to this).

If nobody steps up, you are still welcome to work on the project: just
submit your patches on Review Board. The team can try and answer your
questions (channel #amarok on irc.freenode.net), we just won't be able
to follow you as closely as a dedicated mentor would.

Cheers,
--
Teo Mrnjavac
http://teom.org  |  teo at kde.org