GSoC update from Riccardo - his KMail is b0rked again

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Mon Aug 20 12:53:47 UTC 2012

On 20. 8. 2012 Teo Mrnjavac wrote:
> http://wstaw.org/m/2012/08/20/plasma-desktopAH1228.png

Good progress, but again I have to repeat myself: I will oppose merging any
rewrite that will introduce significant feature-loss regressions. Sorry.

Such code should live in a branch until it has general feature parity (in this
case: functionality of all meaningful applets that work reliably currently
should be provided by the new CV: wikipedia, labels, lyrics, similar artists,
tabs, events, photos...), as for example my iPod Collection rewrite did. Note
that code living in a branch isn't something bad, it receives proper testing
and review from interested parties (e.g. me), but we shouldn't disappoint
uninterested parties with regressions.

Teo, please forward this mail to Riccardo if he cannot read the list. (even if
your opinion is different, this is just a notice of my point of view)

Cheers and keep up the good work,
		Matěj