[amarok] src/services/amazon: Detect Amazon country automatically.

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Sat Aug 18 10:13:17 UTC 2012

On 17. 8. 2012 Edward Toroshchin wrote:
> > Don't take it personally, but if you don't revert I'm going to.
>
> Don't take it personally, but I believe you need at least someone else
> to back you up on this to revert anything. Currently, no one except us
> has expressed their point of view :).

My point of view:
 * no Internet Service (in Amarok sense) should pop-up a dialog during first
start, worse if it is modal
 * no Internet Service should even be loaded (and thus sending any data) until
necessary. They should be loaded when user first explicitly clicks on the store
in Internet Services. Programatically, the services could be "registered" at
startup - their object created. "Loading" a service could be calling its
init() method or similar (I think that many services have a polish() method
that's really abused right now). Before "loading", the services should have an
opportunity to show a config dialog (preferably embedded in the view) that
could request consent for sending data.

For scripted services it would be a bonus point if the actual script (and Qt
Script Bindings) could be loaded as late as in the init() method - registering
a service should only require its icon, name & description. I don't know how
easily doable this is however.

Regards,
			Matěj