[Tomahawk Integration] GSoC Final Report

Lucas Lira Gomes x8lucas8x at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 02:54:15 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

for the general happiness, herein I announce that the playlist
synchronisation is working perfectly in both directions. Also, I solved
some problems with the track resolution process of the MetaProxy class. So,
I'd love to receive any feedback if possible. On the other hand, if you are
out of time to give it a spin, then just wait for a complete coverage of
the results in my next blog post.

Although the tomahawk service core is ready, there still some work to do in
order for it to be even more awesome. So, here goes my plans for 2.7:

   - A new context view applet to see what your friends have been listening
   to(playback history).
   - Make it possible to listen along with any of your friends(this needed
   something like the feature above, so I postponed this too).
   - Show you friend avatar in GTalk/Jabber connections, instead of a
   generic icon of the earth.
   - Show relevant info about Tomahawk service in Amarok's diagnostics
   dialog.
   - Create a simple garbage collector for TomahawkRegistry class, this way
   optimising the overall memory management of the service (like we have in
   SqlRegistry).
   - Any more ideas? Usability tips? Suggestions?

The list above could be even bigger, but I'm only focusing on things
directly related to my GSoC project. Tomahawk surely has great ideas, naturally
we should consider borrowing some of them in a near future.

Last but not least, we still need to create a separate branch for
libtomahawk. That will be my priority after the firm 'pencils down' date,
since this prevents the project to be merged with master. Sorry for that
guys, but the time was strict.

My tomahawk repo: https://github.com/x8lucas8x/tomahawk (amarokready branch)
My amarok repo:
http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=clones%2Famarok%2Fgomes%2Fmaskmaster-amarok.git&a=summary