Please translate Amarok for the 2.6 release

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Thu Aug 2 19:14:09 UTC 2012

Giovanni Sora wrote:
> Hi,
>  I have seen that interlingua (ia) seems have translated 100%.
>
> As we (the ia team) are still translating amarok, but the work has not yet
> committed, I would like to know if it is a mistake or someone is translating
> in interlingua? In this case, please let her/him get in touch with us, for
> not making double work.

This seems to be a mistake (in the releaseme release script that Amarok uses).
The translations are taken directly from http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-
kde4/ia/messages/extragear-multimedia/ - the problem may be that the main
translation file amarok.po is missing there and only auxiliary
amarokcollectionscanner_qt.po is there with 1/1 translations, so it appears as
100%. If there were no files or both files, the percentage would be correct.

As a counter-measure we should probably add "Translated Strings" column to the
translation statistics table to spot such problems in future.

As a work-around please make sure there are either both or no amarok
translations in trunk/l10n-kde4/ia/messages/extragear-multimedia/ - just
committing your work-in-progress translation should do the trick.

Note: wrong percentage is not just a display problem. It is used as a criteria
to include or exclude the translation in released package, so it needs to be
right.

Regards,
		Matěj