Review Request: [GSoC] Amarok integration with gpodder.net (GPodder stuff)

Lucas Lira Gomes x8lucas8x at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 21:25:59 UTC 2011

Hi Stefan,

Fixed some Stuff (use of #DEFINES instead of constants & creation of
> own nam), but found some serious Problems:

Good, but you can't use The::networkAccessManager() as the nam or KDE will
keep asking if you authorize amarok to login in gpodder-net. So, the
solution is to use or own nam ^^.

It uploads an EpisodeAction::PLAY every minute, which is not correct.

Play should only be sent once to the Webservice, when I

stop/pause/seek (not sure about seek, @stefankoegl can you clarify?)

and not every minute.

Please change this asap, cause if more users start using the gpodder

service in Amarok the gpodder Server will receive too many requests.

I'm trying to put the status sync to work only when the user stop/pause
amarok.
The problem is that if the user closes Amarok, then we have no guarantee
that the status data will be received by the server.
Any failure will make us loose our status data and since the server is a bit
unresponsive this problem may happen frequently.
So we must create, at least, something similar to the actual send-by-minute
approach or the GPodder Service may not work correctly.

Also after restarting amarok and starting a podcast episode again from

the start, the time in the EpisodeActions seem to be counted from the

last point where I stopped it and not from the beginning (also try to

find a way to set the start always to 00:00, it is always 00:01).

And what the problem in counting time from the last point where we stopped?
I use this info to set an auto-bookmark in the seek bar, so the user can
know where he stopped to listen.
Also, every time I set the start point to 00:00, then gpodder.net doesn't
save the last point where I stopped.

Regards, Lucas Lira Gomes.