Amarok : I can't live without it

Teo Mrnjavac teo at kde.org
Sun Jul 10 21:54:29 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 20:27, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> [...]

Hello,
Mark has taken the liberty of forwarding your email to the rest of the
Amarok team.
We are happy to hear our efforts are appreciated.
We never really decided to stop Amarok development on the Mac
platform, we would actually very much like seeing Amarok on as many
platforms as possible. There is nothing like pressure or lack of money
or ideology involved, the problem is much simpler: lack of developers.
We currently don't have any developers running Mac OS X, so there's
nobody to actually code and test the thing on Mac.
Amarok packages for Mac OS X are available through Macports [1] or
Fink [2] (the package on Macports seems to be more recent than the one
on Fink, but still a little behind), and while we accept both bug
reports and patches from Mac users, we currently don't have the
manpower to do much more than that to provide a good user experience
on Mac.
I'm sorry I cannot give you better news for now.

[1] http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=amarok
[2] http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/browse.php?summary=amarok2

Cheers,
--