[LikeBack: Dislike] #1608 (2.4-GIT - en_US)

Teo Mrnjavac teo at kde.org
Tue Jan 25 13:04:45 CET 2011

> From:  <felix_mauch at web.de>
> Date: Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 15:37
> Subject: [LikeBack: Dislike] #1608 (2.4-GIT - en_US)
> To: myriam at kde.org, valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com, lydia at kde.org,
> stuffcorpse at archlinux.us
>

> http://likeback.kollide.net/admin/view.php
>
> Version: 2.4-GIT
> Locale:  en_US
> Window:  MainWindow -> Playlist dock -> unnamed:KVBox ->
> unnamed:QWidget -> unnamed:Playlist::PrettyListView ->
> unnamed:TagDialog -> unnamed:MusicBrainzTagger
> Context:
> Type:    Dislike
> Comment:
> I think the musicbrainz dialog needs some layout improvement. When I
> send a tag request, I have to resize everything before I can actually
> use the dialog.
>
> I have the following suggestions for this:
> - Make the dialog itself bigger. It stores much more data than it can
> display at this size.
> - Make the columns bigger. It's not really sufficient just seeing the
> first letters of a title. When I open up one track to see the actual
> results, it even just shows 1 or 2 letters.
> - To see the actual results, I first have to open up every song I
> requested. Quite annoying.
> - When I request a whole album, I have a lot of titles. When I open up
> all of them, so I can choose the correct entries in one flow, it's
> hard to separate the single songs. Maybe make the original tags in
> another font style.
> - Select the best search result by default. So, with the improvements
> above, one really just would have to check, if the songs are
> recognized correctly and klick on "update tags".
>
> I can implement those fixes myself, just tell me :)

Hello
Thank you for your suggestions. I'm a member of the Amarok team, but
I'm not really in charge of the whole MusicBrainz thing. We're happy
to hear you're volunteering to fix some issues. Feel free to drop by
in the channel #amarok on irc.freenode.net and ping Sergey_Ivanov (the
dev in charge of our MusicBrainz features) or any other operator to
see which patches on your part would make most sense. If you already
have some fixes ready you can submit them for review on
git.reviewboard.kde.org.
Cheers
--
Teo