Fwd: [LikeBack: Dislike] #1608 (2.4-GIT - en_US)

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon Jan 24 16:09:18 CET 2011

This came in through LikeBack.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <felix_mauch at web.de>
Date: Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 15:37
Subject: [LikeBack: Dislike] #1608 (2.4-GIT - en_US)
To: myriam at kde.org, valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com, lydia at kde.org,
stuffcorpse at archlinux.us

http://likeback.kollide.net/admin/view.php

Version: 2.4-GIT
Locale:  en_US
Window:  MainWindow -> Playlist dock -> unnamed:KVBox ->
unnamed:QWidget -> unnamed:Playlist::PrettyListView ->
unnamed:TagDialog -> unnamed:MusicBrainzTagger
Context:
Type:    Dislike
Comment:
I think the musicbrainz dialog needs some layout improvement. When I
send a tag request, I have to resize everything before I can actually
use the dialog.

I have the following suggestions for this:
- Make the dialog itself bigger. It stores much more data than it can
display at this size.
- Make the columns bigger. It's not really sufficient just seeing the
first letters of a title. When I open up one track to see the actual
results, it even just shows 1 or 2 letters.
- To see the actual results, I first have to open up every song I
requested. Quite annoying.
- When I request a whole album, I have a lot of titles. When I open up
all of them, so I can choose the correct entries in one flow, it's
hard to separate the single songs. Maybe make the original tags in
another font style.
- Select the best search result by default. So, with the improvements
above, one really just would have to check, if the songs are
recognized correctly and klick on "update tags".

I can implement those fixes myself, just tell me :)

cheers
Felix

http://www.fsfe.org