Regression Alert: Change in Playback Behavior

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Jan 4 15:22:47 CET 2011

Hey all,

I just remembered that we have one regression left that I find very
major. The regression is:

Amarok will no longer start to play a track automatically, if the
track is appended to the Playlist, and Amarok is paused.

This is a major change, because all earlier Amarok 2.x version behaved
differently. Personally I find it really annoying, and I think we must
definitely fix this before releasing. I have briefly talked to Rick
about this, and he explained that this change was not really a
regression, but an attempt at fixing an issue with Dynamic Playlists.
Still, I think the consequences of this change are too major to simply
overlook them. IMHO we need to revert this commit, or special-case it
so that it only affects the specific issue with Dynamic Playlists
(which I have no idea about).

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, CEO of Kretschmann Software Consulting