No subject

Tue Feb 22 00:27:32 CET 2011

(APG and Dynamic) that do somewhat different things, but then again
not really, is not ideal.

It's already hard to understand what "Advanced Playlist Generator" and
"Dynamic Playlists" are supposed to mean. I tried to explain this to a
work mate lately, she is an experienced software engineer. It sounded
like Spanish to her at first. Now imagine, trying to explain these
features to really new users, or maybe to your mom.

Bottom line: If we don't want Amarok to be a complete nerd tool, it
might make sense to go back to our original goal with Amarok 2, which
was "making powerful features easy to use". We used to say: "Amarok 2
should be able to pass the Mom-Test: If our Mom's can't use it, we did
not do it well enough."

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Senior Software Engineer at Nokia