2.5.0 tarball problems

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Sat Dec 17 21:33:18 UTC 2011

On 17. 12. 2011 Modestas Vainius wrote:
> current 2.5.0 tarball does not build. The problem is in the doc/nl (could be
> related to kdelibs 4.6.5):
>
> cd ../doc/nl && /usr/bin/meinproc4 --check --cache
> /«PKGBUILDDIR»/obj-x86_64- linux-gnu/doc/nl/index.cache.bz2
> /«PKGBUILDDIR»/doc/nl/index.docbook Generating moc_BiasSolver.cpp
> index.docbook:21: parser error : Entity 'Thom.Castermans' not defined
> index.docbook:13966: parser error : Entity 'vertaling.thom' not defined

We have found the root of this problem:
1. amarok-2.5.0/doc/nl/index.docbook references entity &Thom.Castermans

2. meinproc4 that generates HTML from docbook during Amarok build uses
/usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/nl/user.entities to load such
entities (among other files) through:
 * ksgmltools2/customization/catalog.xml ->
 -> ksgmltools2/customization/nl/catalog.xml ->
 -> ksgmltools2/customization/nl/

3. ksgmltools2/customization/nl/user.entities is from kdelibs, and Thom had no
entry there in kdelibs 4.6 as he was added to kdelibs

Which is rather unfortunate (and silly as we didn't spot it before spreading
tarballs) as it effectively breaks Amarok build on KDE 4.6 which we support.

The simplest workaround is probably to remove all undefined references from
doc/nl/index.docbook at the cost of not attributing Thom as a docbook
translator in your build.

> What is more, I see mysql-config error at the cmake stage even if it does
> not break amarok build actually (probably because include directory is in
> the cflags). Attached patch fixes the problem.

Indeed, thanks. We'll apply the patch into master, but it isn't probably the
reason to respin the tarballs. (let's see what other Amarok devs think)

Regards,
			Matěj Laitl