I have commit rights? Or what just happened?

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Dec 15 00:12:21 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Matěj Laitl <matej at laitl.cz> wrote:
> On 15. 12. 2011 Mathias Panzenböck wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I thought I had my amarok clone configured in a way, that I push to my own
>> github account when I write "git push". But apparently I didn't, because I
>> got this log message just now: (...)
>>
>> So I pushed to amaroks git repo?
>
> Yes. :-)
>
>> (I have commit rights?)
>
> Apparently, yes. Every identity.kde.org user with developer status has AFAIK
> commit access to (nearly) all KDE repositories. That's KDE's policy of
> openness.

This is correct. All people who hold a KDE Developer account have push
access to all repositories on git.kde.org except for those
repositories which host websites (under the websites/ prefix) or are
used by Sysadmin for administrative purposes (under the sysadmin/
prefix). Push access to those repositories is limited.

This is part of the "KDE Developers can commit anywhere" policy, which
includes Scratch and Clone repositories as well.