Fwd: Amarok :: DJ level

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Aug 11 06:08:53 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: mw <maarian at gmx.ch>
Date: Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 4:15 AM
Subject: Amarok :: DJ level
To: kretschmann at kde.org

Hello Mark,

(or maybe i could speak German?)

i'd like to use Amarok for student parties, as DJ, and i need blending
over from one song to another. Also, i need to navigate to and drop
into new songs independently from the running instance. In short, the
easiest way would be to launch another instance of amarok in parallel.
Is that possible, maybe by hacking the lockfile ? But how could i
solve the output problem, with only one Laptop ? Can i assign
different ALSA output ports to a second instance ? I really don't like
to use just 2 laptops.

Generally, i'd love to see Amarok more 'DJ' fit, reaching out beyond
what other music players offer. I'd have many suggestions about that,
but i doubt amarok crew will follow that path. If you think it's worth
i could try to cellect my ideas in a feature request.

Cheers, and many thanks

Michael

party floor :)->

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Senior Software Engineer at Nokia