Auto-hiding amarok's tray icon

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Aug 9 08:45:59 UTC 2011

On Monday, August 8, 2011 20:29:53 Martin Blumenstingl wrote:
> Since there's already a setting for the tray icon: do we really need
> to remove the setStatus(Active) in amarok?

i don't think you need to, no...

imho, media players are a different use case from things that are showing a
changing state. in konversation there is something interesting to you (e.g.
someone uses your nick in a message) or not; in ktorrent it is downloading
something or it is not. in a media player, the tray is not really showing
status but providing a quick interface to the application.

this is a great use case for the "merge application system entries with the
tasks widget" that we have planned.

i also think that it may make sense to add a media player control interface
like "Now Playing" to the kmix systray popup since it is an audio issue.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se