Grooveshark service implementation.

Krzysztof Klinikowski kkszysiu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 07:09:28 CEST 2011

Hello,

I don't know how other programmers writting about features that they're
coding but here's my:

On my spare time I'm working at new feature for Amarok that will add
Grooveshark support into our favourite music player :)
To be honest I have some code already written but there's still a lot to do.
I've written library to support Grooveshark called QGrooveshark that will be
build-in into service and for now support some basic features like
authorisation, logging into Grooveshark and basic song searching. Now I'm
implementing that stuff from Amarok side. Logging and authentication is
already implemented, better or worse but working.
Now I'm fighting with dragons of tree views for songs for example.
I'm beginning with C++ and Qt so my code is propably really crappy but with
your help and some reviews maybe it will be not so bad.

Yesterday I talked with Mamarok about Amarok Developers Mailing List, she
told me that I should write here about my idea to notify all Amarok
developers and all interested people about it.

Firstly I put my Amarok repository with my code at own repo at GitHub but
Mamarok told me that I should move my repo into git.kde.org but as far as I
know I need to be KDE developer to have read/write access into that.
So I written and application for KDE developer but this will be my first
attempt to write something for KDE and Eike Hein said that if I want to be
KDE developer I need to have contributions for KDE or someone who is KDE
developer already need to recommend me.
But is that true that I need to be KDE developer to have read/write access
for own branch?
If not then please tell me with who I should talk to get own branch for
Amarok in git.kde.org please :)

--

Best regards,
Krzysztof Klinikowski