MainWindow layouting

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Sun Sep 19 16:01:31 CEST 2010

On 09/19/2010 05:13 AM, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> While you all are discussing this, how about allowing a "restore
>> default layout" in the main layout menu? I had to wipe out my configs
>> the other day after getting the layout completely messed up, and was
>> unable to fix without doing that.
>
> That's a splendid idea :)
>
> In fact we had such a function planned long ago, but we never got
> around to doing it. I'd really love to have it.
>

> PS:
> Come to think of it, this might be very easy to implement (simply by
> deleting the "layout" file). I'll try it out today.

It'd also be nice to have a few preset layouts that users can try. For
instance, one that gives you the "Amarok 1.4" layout, with context and
media sources tabbed and playlist on its own. (Even better if we can
also adjust the playlist layout this way.) Then if users complain about
not liking the 2.x layout, instead of saying, "well, you can unlock the
view, then drag around..." we could simply say View->Layouts->Amarok 1.4

--Jeff