Qt and KDE version bumping and next version numbering

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sun Sep 19 10:41:52 CEST 2010

Hi all,

since we are starting a new version, there are a few things we should consider:

currently we still depend on KDE 4.3 and Qt 4.4. Since  KDE 4.5.1 is
already is out and Qt 4.7.0 is imminent, also all distributions
already ship KDE 4.4 and Qt 4.5 AFAIK., we should be able to bump to
the next version, that is KDE 4.4 and Qt 4.5.

This would also allow us to integrate this merge request:

http://gitorious.org/amarok/amarok/merge_requests/121: Replaced
deprecated animations API from Context plasmoids

Also, since we will bring in the GSoC students code now, we should
consider bumping to Amarok 2.4 as our next target, there will be
enough new features that would justify such a version change.

What do the others think?

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org