UI: How to make MusicBrainz dialog shine, or noob needs help.

Sergey Ivanov 123kash at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 11:43:46 CEST 2010

Thanks you. It looks great. But probably It won't fit. I guess I have
to describe how does It works.
When this dialog shows up, It automatically runs MusicBrainz (metadata
based) search. It may give correct results, but may give nothing, or
just wrong tags for some tracks. In this case user can select all
tracks haven't found by MusicBrainz, or got wrong tags and start
MusicDNS (fingerprint based) search, which will identify tracks
correct, or also give nothing.

> Just to clarify, MusicBrainz will suggest only one set of tags per single
> tracks?
Yes, that's right but not for a long time. Ralf gave me great Idea:
give to user number of results and let him choose the right one. But
this is for a single-track search only.

> 1st - result suggested by MB service in editable field.
I'm not sure that It should allow user to change any data found by MB,
'cos It also update/add MB Track ID to file. User may accept or
discard search result, but not change It.

Result highlight is great Idea, finder calculate Levenstein distance
for each result any ways, so It can be used to color results.

----
Sergey Ivanov