Urgent! Amarok UPNP Collection dependencies

Nikhil Marathe nsm.nikhil at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 04:41:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

First thanks for merging in the changes Ian.

So last night I was extremely stupid on IRC :)
The discussion was whether we can depend on an unstable API like
HUpnp's in Amarok, and the consensus was that since kdelibs does it,
we can too.
I was apparently not very focused, and I've just realized that the
UPnP Collection DOES NOT depend on HUpnp in any direct manner at all!

The collection uses only the KIO slave and the KIO API and is not
directly linked to or include any HUpnp libs/headers. The HUpnp check
is only done because I don't know how to check for the presence of the
upnp kio slave instead.

A better alternative is to compile in the collection anyway, and check
at runtime if the kio slave is available or not.

I'm really sorry for this gaping hole in my memory about my code, but
I will fix this in trunk soon. We can essentially remove the HUpnp
dependency since it is an 'upstream' issue in the sense that only the
kio slave requires it to be installed.

Nikhil