Fingerprinting ... was Re: Thanks for MusicBrainz patch

Sergey Ivanov 123kash at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 20:17:23 CEST 2010

I tried to use phonon backend in decoding purpose. But I didn't find any way
to make it play faster. Yes, I understand that It wasn't best choice to use
ffmpeg due to getting unsupported formats, that can be played but can't be
decoded. But I also didn't find any real alternatives. If we only discussing
about decoding then I think It would be great to have the only decoder
implementation and use It anywhere It needed. But in case of fingerprint
system, the main reason (for me) to use libofa was Its algorithm, 'cos I
can't get fingerprint with lastfm library (or any other ) and send It to
musicdns service. I don't see any troubles to use different fingerprinting
implementation, since each of them uses by different services, and all of
them are different libraries, so they don't overload the Amarok code.