[Playlist] Combined rows?

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 09:25:49 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Maik Keller <mk3ll3r at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello developers of my favorite music player,
>
> i´ve got a feature suggestion/request. Is it possible to make the rows of
> the playlist combinable? The reason for this is quite simple - it saves
> space and looks smart. Imagine you got a very simple playlist layout like
> Artist | Title | Length. To ensure that both, long artist and title names,
> are displayed correctly you need to reserve a huge amount of space to both
> of them - this eats up unnecessary space and looks a bit weird. This is
> where my idea comes in: combine Artist and Title into one row and the
> available space is shared for both items. For me it would be great enough to
> have just a combined artist|title row which might be hardcoded some way, but
> it is also imaginable that you give the user the ability to combine any
> field he wishes to (don´t know other usage examples for now, but other
> people might). What do you think of this? I thought adding this feature
> "hardcoded" (just artist/title thingy) might be an easy job and doesn´t
> disturb anybody.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Maik Keller

Maik, please look at Playlist > Playlist Layouts. You can configure
the playlist to show exactly what you want. Play with it!

For more information see:
http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/ConfiguringAmarok/ChangingLayout#Changing_the_Playlist_layout

All the best,

Valorie
--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez