[Playlist] Combined rows?

Maik Keller mk3ll3r at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 00:23:39 CEST 2010

Hello developers of my favorite music player,

i´ve got a feature suggestion/request. Is it possible to make the rows of
the playlist combinable? The reason for this is quite simple - it saves
space and looks smart. Imagine you got a very simple playlist layout like
Artist | Title | Length. To ensure that both, long artist and title names,
are displayed correctly you need to reserve a huge amount of space to both
of them - this eats up unnecessary space and looks a bit weird. This is
where my idea comes in: combine Artist and Title into one row and the
available space is shared for both items. For me it would be great enough to
have just a combined artist|title row which might be hardcoded some way, but
it is also imaginable that you give the user the ability to combine any
field he wishes to (don´t know other usage examples for now, but other
people might). What do you think of this? I thought adding this feature
"hardcoded" (just artist/title thingy) might be an easy job and doesn´t
disturb anybody.

Kind regards

Maik Keller