"Edit Track Details" dialog

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Nov 23 13:09:20 CET 2010

On Tuesday 23 November 2010, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 7:21 AM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > the window "Edit Track Details" has comboboxes (e.g. for the Artist
> > name), but that combo seems to be always empty?
> > Shouldn't it at least contain the previously typed artists, so that one
> > doesn't have to type them over and over again?
> >
> > Also, I tried adding a custom label to some mp3s, but they don't get
> > saved; they don't show up when reopening the dialog. Strangely enough,
> > the tags neither, for these mp3s.
> >
> > PS: please CC me, I'm not subscribed.
> >
> > --
> > David Faure, faure at kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
>
> I've always noticed the comboboxes giving me matches as I type. I find
> that helpful to keep tags matching, such as the precise spelling for
> Artist and Album in particular.
>
> Were the unsaved tags for tracks in your collection?

Yes.
All I did was:
* start amarok for the first time (after compiling it from git master)
* Add my /d/mp3 folder as local collection
* Add tags to .mp3 files that didn't have any, typing e.g. artist names
Every time I open the "edit track details" dialog, the combobox "artist" is
empty.

git master from today.