Podcast Engine

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Fri Nov 5 22:25:46 CET 2010

On Friday, November 05, 2010 04:16:59 PM Ian Monroe wrote:
> Seems like it would make sense to decide on this now. If you want to
> make a plasma engine first (I'm personally not convinced plasma
> engines make sense for use in Amarok), it would matter if the
> resulting applet only worked with Podcasts or worked with any track.

Not sure what you're trying to say here. First of all, data engines are
already how the ui/data is separated in the context view. For example, both
the Current Track applet and the Albums applet connect to the same Current
engine. The podcast info can be shown either in it's own applet or in the
albums applet, regardless of where the data is coming from...

leo

--
leo at kdab.com                                 KDAB (USA), LLC
lfranchi at kde.org                             The KDE Project