Podcast Engine

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Fri Nov 5 21:15:35 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 18:36, Conrad Hübler <conrad-huebler at arcor.de> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm planning (at the moment just an idea) to add a podcastengine and
> podcastapplet to the amarok context view listing latest podcasts as the album
> applet does.
>
> How can I query the podcasts? I just found a way to get one podcast as
> QStringList by querying
>        "SqlStorage *sqlStorage = CollectionManager::instance()->sqlStorage();"
> in the code. But this doesn't help getting more than one.
>
> Conrad

What would this podcastapplet show? Will it be any different then what
is currently shown in the info applet? How about improving that one?

Your proposed implementation seems to assume the podcasts are always
in SQL, what about those one mediaplayers/online services? These can
also be shown in the podcast category.

Bart