Amarok Jingle

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Fri May 28 09:00:02 CEST 2010

Over the past few months, I have been running a little semi secret
skunkworks project, trying to finally get us a good first run
jingle/tune for Amarok. I have been in contact with Rob Costlow and
allMeadow of Magnatune.com fame (you can listen to their joint album
on Magnatune.com to get a feel for the kind of music they make) and
they have just gotten back to me with 2 original proposals for a
Jingle.

I will not be posting these here as I do not want them spread out all
over the place just yet, but any of the core team can drop me a mail
and I will send them the jingles for evaluation.

The deal I have proposed to Rob Costlow is that we get these Jingles
free of charge under an appropriate license if we agree to show proper
attribution for the jingle when it is playing (basically just show
what we show for any other track) and somehow make it clear that you
can explore more stuff from these 2 artists in the integrated
Magnatune.com store. I think this also sets a very nice precedence for
how we can handle other jingles in the future while getting the
artists some exposure in return.

- Nikolaj