KDE and Ubuntu SoundMenu

Harald Sitter sitter.harald at gmail.com
Thu May 27 21:48:41 CEST 2010

Hello!

At the recently held KDE Multimedia + Edu sprint in Switzerland we came to
discuss the new concept of a soundmenu, as described at [1].

The general consensus was that the present KDE MM developers do think the idea
of having a central place to control all sound related informations and
operations is a very good one, and something we could very well want to have
implemented upstream instead having a Kubuntu specific version. Especially
since this would also imply doing enhancements to existing specifications that
are already used in KDE software.

We are at this point however not sure that the same UI representation proposed
for Ubuntu should be applied as-is to KDE software. So it is very much desired
to get discussion going with regards to the API and how to implement it in KDE
software.

Please see this mail as a conversation starter, I also CC'd affected parties
on our end (KDE Multimedia, Amarok, Plasma), so that everyone is on the same
page here.

[1] https://wiki.kubuntu.org/SoundMenu

regards,
Harald