Media Device Syncing - One more time now .. (we have a volunteer)

Casey Link unnamedrambler at gmail.com
Tue May 25 23:55:50 CEST 2010

He folks,

Introducing Amitav here.. he has volunteered to work on iPod syncing
for Summer of KDE.. something I've been trying to do and failing to do
for awhile.

As he is knew to the Amarok codebase I suggested he should work on the
easiest task first, which AFAIK is extending parts podcast/playlist
stuff to work on ipods. Bart, can you comment on what exactly needs to
be done (with a few references to actually classes)?

Alejandro, Bart, and Jeff: We had a conversation on IRC a few months
back regarding the Media Device API and whether it was worth it to do
things the "proper" way -- that is, writing all the code abstractly
using Alejandro's media device API from the get go versus skipping
that (like Bart did for UMS) and implementing on the device directly.
What did we decide?

I am trying to give Amitav here some pointers and guidance, but this
is definitely not my area of expertise in Amarok.. as much as I would
like it to be.

Casey