Bug statistics

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sun May 2 12:21:31 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 15:16, Sven Krohlas <sven at asbest-online.de> wrote:

>> Counting all bugs and wishes with the NEEDSINFO, it went up from 672
>> reports to 755 reports this morning, which is +83 in my count. Don't
>> be fooled on the NEEDSINFO ones, those are by no means closed and
>> still need triaging, be it only to check the info provided by the
>> reporters.
>
> well, if the reporters don't respond after some months I'm sinply going
> to mass-close those. Up to then they don't show up in my queries.

Well, a lot actually did respond... you might look again at your
queries, they all show up in mine. And mine are all accessible to
everybody, your release-blocker one isn't if people don't have enough
karma on bugzilla...

Thank you for calling the Amarok bugzilla lists I left a mess, but it
was well triaged as of March 16, except for the wishlist.Of course,
despite numerous calls, nobody ever gave a hand to clean that up,
except for Mark, Mikko and Dario Andres.

But nice to see how much my work of 15 months was appreciated, it just
confirms the reason I had to stop doing a work nobody in that project
is even remotely grateful for it.  You might have missed the mess it
was before I started working on it, as there were an average of 4000
bugs, that's what I call a mess!

I really very much prefer to work in a project where I actually get
credit for the things I do, be this as a bug triager, a writer or a
translator, this was never the case in Amarok. Not to mention the
support on IRC and the forum...

Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org