Moving classes into core-implementations

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Mon Mar 29 22:07:46 CEST 2010

On 3/29/2010 2:59 PM, Bart Cerneels wrote:
> How about organizing the files (roughly) by which library they'll get
> linked in. Obviously we already have this for core, now I think we
> should organized by MySql (Sql being a separate util lib), File,
> service (plugins), etc.
> So in mobile device case we can conditionally compile and link those libraries.

That's the whole point.

Items in core/ should ideally be available to any platform; after that,
you can pick and choose the implementations you want. (Making each of
the implementations their own library is a neat idea but would require a
significant amount of refactoring...our code is very incestuous.)

--Jeff