[Amarok] b0503f5 Move Playlists back into Meta.

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 19:21:01 CEST 2010

> I'm sure there are more arguments to be made, but the biggest one is
> more abstract:
> Playlists should not be treated as a second class citizen in Amarok by
> keeping them out of the true hard of amarok's core: Meta and
> Collection. It's as much a technical issue: Playlists not supported by
> QueryMaker; as a social one: new collection implementations (MD)
> lacking a decent PlaylistProvider.

I have not been a part of the recent version of this discussion and I
am not sure I really want to get involved (as I dont have a strong
opinion either way), but I do have one question. Is there a particular
reason why playlists should not be able to do proper synchronization
and so on without being part of the Meta namespace?

As for the "true [heart] of amaroks core", I surely see playlists as a
part of this, even if they have their own namespace.

About not having playlist support in QueryMaker and collections not
having PlaylistProviders, is it fair to assume that this makes sense
to have for all collections?

- Nikolaj