Reverse dynamic playlist?

Lukas 1lukas1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 14:53:08 CEST 2010

As 2.3 Amarok is one of the most advanced and feature rich players :)

However none of current features fully address user laziness problem. What I
have in mind, is that you can easily create a playlist with of up to 15
favorite tracks, or create couple of dynamic playlists, but whats next?
Creating playslists manually each time is too time consuming in most cases
:(

Yesterday an idea hint my brain what I want to share - reverse dynamic
playlist.

The idea is rather simple - user "regularly" adds tracks to the playlist,
then software analyzes playlist and generates dynamic playlist present based
on what was manually added.

One of the way to do math is to simply add meta data from tracks (artist
names, genres, tags, albums) and randomly add ones, who matches at least 2
criteria.

Another one is take into account search strings used to find tracks. Lets
say if user has been looking by genre, genre bias should have greater
proportion, same if track was found by artist or tag. Also use some
statistics stuff like limiting minimum/maximum rating  within range of
outlyers, or add similar artists by last.fm etc.

Lukas