Remote control feature on Amarok

Milot Shala milot.shala at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 16:23:32 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Lukas <1lukas1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be dam great to have fully featured remote control solution for
> KDE.
>
> One of the best phone i had was SE k700i because of its support of HID
> (human interface device). SE also had provided a suite to creating your own
> profiles, so i was able to control everything from presentation, mouse,
> media player etc.
>
> We have LIRC for IR connection, we have WebUI for Internet connections, i
> guess there should be something for bluetooth too.
>
> Why do I, as an end user, should "bother" about protocols and similar
> stuff?
>
> Having chain like
> [dbus | keyboard and mouse emulator] <-> KRemoteControlCenter <->
> [Bluetooth | IR | WiFi | internet] <-> [Iphone | UIQ | S60 | Android | etc]
>
> Where communication would be standardized and any device could load xml
> based profile and choose the best link (bt or wifi etc) to the desktop.
>
> So any app could have remote control support just by creating simple xml
> file. Not talking about pushing feedback to connected user Like "kget just
> finished distro.x.y.iso.\n Hash check completed.\n Blank CD detected, would
> you like to burn iso?" form anywhere anytime.
>
> Hope you got my point :)

Hi Lucas,

I really like your idea and would be perfect to make that happening! For
that reason I started this topic but my interests were mainly applying such
functionality to Amarok, but it can be a nice interface to implement it on
KDE as a whole!

Currently I am trying DBus interfaces of Amarok, I will be back here again.

--
Milot Shala, Software Engineer
www.spartansoft.org | m.shala at spartansoft.org