Switching playcount increment time

Nanno Langstraat langstr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:13:17 CET 2010

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> I wasn't aware of the "Select commits" link (is it new in the last 6 or
> 9 months?). My past experience has been that relevant information is in
> the merge request itself and that you look at the various diffs in the MR.
>
> Whatever, that wasn't my problem with the merge request in the first
> place, so getting all huffy about that is a bit of a sidetrack.

Might I compliment you on your manners?

Anyway, the only other thing your email mentioned seems to be
DEBUG_BLOCK. As you can now see, these are all neatly concentrated in 1
commit:

    "|1683e45  |Trivial: some DEBUG_BLOCK statements for performance
    tracking & easier code flow understanding".

showing that they're on purpose, not leftovers from debugging.

They are a good guide for contributors to the playlist code: they show
the (non-obvious) flow of execution through the playlist model stack.

To the best of my knowledge all DEBUG_BLOCKs are in low-frequency functions.

    Nanno

--
P.S. MR 141 does contain 2 tricky code cleanups (noted in the
description): in App.c and in PlaylistActions.cpp.

Mark, Téo, and Nikolaj, could you take a look at those changes?  (and
the whole MR)