LikeBack in Amarok

Téo Mrnjavac teo.mrnjavac at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 11:23:40 CET 2010

> Almost every complaint about one feature or another was balanced by a
> compliment for that exact feature. :-)  I'll be happy to answer some
> of the questions which come through as I'm able.

Cool, thanks Valorie.

I recognize that there are potential drawbacks and risks, mainly with
fracturing the feedback gathering infrastructure that's already in
place, but I believe that LikeBack gathers
1) a different kind of feedback than the existing channels,
potentially large quantities of brief context-sensitive one-off
comments that are not discussions, and should be considered as a
statistic rather than real bug reports;
2) feedback from a different kind of audience than the existing
channels, mainly those who are too unexperienced to do a proper
wishlist entry but still run git or beta builds.
So my opinion is that the benefits more than justify the risks.
Those who are too lazy to do a proper bug report would do a crappy bug
report anyway or none at all, so I don't believe bko has something to
lose here.

Also, it's simply a *nice* thing to do, any user would enjoy the
feeling that he's being asked about his opinion, and I for one enjoy
going through the messages, which so far are quite positive.