gsoc 2010 : Discussion of Project proposal "Integration of playdar with amarok"

Sanyam goyal goyalsanyam at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 15:58:11 CET 2010

The integration is that I have in my mind is as follows:
I am basically following the project description at (
http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2010/Ideas#Project:_Playdar_integration) .

1) By integrating playdar into Amarok, users will be allowed to explore and
play tracks from any of the resolvers that playdar has made available.
2 ) amarok can create dynamic playlists that can pull tracks from mp3tunes,
amazon full track previews, napster, soundcloud, local LAN computers, and
more.
3)Imagine browsing the local network and seeing what tracks are seamlessly
available for you to play and organize.
4) An implementation would both supply a collection backend, for browsing,
and a context applet, for doing a simple search in the context view.

Some programming might be needed from Playdar side also.

I hope it clarifies the project goal ..

Thanks

--
Sanyam Goyal