Two bugs in 2.3 that worry me

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sat Mar 6 18:27:47 CET 2010

Heya,

there are currently two bugs (probably regressions) in Git Master that
I find rather worrying, although we have not yet registered them as
release blockers:

1)
Collections no longer expand on startup. That's pretty damn annoying,
as you have to open them manually each time.

2)
The Ampache service shows every track three times. Yep, that's right,
3 times, every single track! Check it out, it basically renders the
service unusable.

Unfortunately I don't have the slightest clue where to look for fixing
this stuff. Anyone got ideas? :)

PS:
Another problem is that the Files browser currently does not have an
".." item, so you have to use the breadcrumb system for going up one
level. Quite cumbersome. Nikolaj was looking at this, but apparently
it's not easy to fix, as the KDE class we use for the directory model
(Casey added that, before we were using Qt without KIO support)
automatically removes this entry...

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Software Engineer at Collabora Ltd