Moving the Git repo

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Wed Jun 9 23:29:29 CEST 2010

Hey guys,

As many of you will already be aware, KDE has chosen its Git hosting
solution, which will not be Gitorious.org*, and we have a test server up
and running.

Since Amarok and Konversation are already running Git, they are going to
once again be the guinea pigs for the KDE Git hosting solution.

I should be able to handle this transition fairly painlessly for the
most part, as I should have access to most of your public SSH keys. In
essence, I should be able to at some point revoke commit access on
Gitorious.org, update the repo on the KDE host, and have you guys simply
pop into .git/config and update your remote URLs, and have it work.

I don't know exactly when this will be yet -- but it will be soon. I
appreciate your patience and understanding.

--Jeff

* The reasons why will be released in a report to the public soon. Look
for it first on the kde-scm-interest mailing list; not sure where else
it might be posted.