release plan

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Wed Jul 28 08:38:20 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 23:18, Myriam Schweingruber
<schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 22:00, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
>> Heya folks :)
>>
>> Since I didn't get any input from anyone but Jeff, here's the plan:
>> 10.8. feature freeze, string freeze
>> 15.8. taggin beta
>> 17.8. release beta
>> 31.8. taggin final
>> 04.9. release final
>> merging in of mergeable GSoC projects right after final tagging
>
> I don't know what is the availability of the various team members, but
> if we want to ship a release with bugfixes those need to be done
> first, so if people are not around in August, nothing is going to be
> fixed.
> I strongly suggest that all core developers and regular contributors
> state their availability, else we will end up with 2.3.2 being as
> buggy as 2.3.1
> I will be around for bug triaging as usual :)
>

> Regards, Myriam.

I can't promise anything since I'll be busy all day house building the
first 3 weeks of August and then getting everything ready to move from
then till end of September. Consider me AFK until I've moved.

That said, unless there are bugs in code I recently merged: this is on
my todo for 2.3.2:
- Enable podcast folder grouping
- Make sure that the already merged playlist synchronization code is
completely disabled. With some team effort this can be introduced in
2.3.2+1 (such a feature is worth a feature release increment).

Bart