[GSoC status report] Weeks 7, 8, 9

Téo Mrnjavac teo at kde.org
Mon Jul 5 21:15:46 CEST 2010

In the past few weeks I've gone through multiple attempts, scrapped
some of them and finally managed to implement transcode to collection,
by putting a TranscodeJob instead of a KIO copy job in the right
place. All this was quite a blockage, mostly because I've tried to
keep stuff tidy and elegant, so I'm happy that I've finally managed to
make it work, and with not so many lines of code. At the moment it
works on SqlCollection, but thanks to CollectionLocation I suspect
that it should be easy for me to make it work with other collections
too. I've also been working on adding codec configuration options to
the GUI.

Next week I still need to sort out some things with the transcoding
operation in the strict sense, for example the way destination
filenames are handled in the OrganizeCollectionDialog preview list.
After that, I plan to do more GUI work.
--
Teo