The unit tests architecture

Nathan Sala sala.nathan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 03:30:12 CET 2010

2010/1/31 Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com>

> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Nathan Sala <sala.nathan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Thank you Leo,
> >
> > This code is really helpful for us!
> >
> > Anyway, are some people willing to comment a global unit tests
> > system refactoring in Amarok?
> >

> What do you mean?
>
> The unit test code is currently quite broken, it doesn't even compile
> under linux. :/ But I'm not sure it needs a 'refactor'... it just
> needs to be fixed and have tests added to it.

What do you mean "broken"? I can compile and run unit tests under Linux.

The system  has recently been sensibly improved by Rick W. Chen,
but it is still quite primitive. Create a test requires to modify several
files,
one of which is App.cpp in several portions of code. Maybe he could share
his point of view?

QTestLib is a convenient framework we could totally use.
One other idea is to make automatic the execution of the html generator.