Improve the dynamic playlists

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Thu Jan 28 01:58:08 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Soren Harward <stharward at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Ludovic DEVEAUX
> <deveaux.ludovic31 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We are students from Toulouse, France and we are working on Amarok as
>> a university project. One our tasks is to work on the dynamic
>> playlists.
>
> I actually worked on an "automatic playlist generator" that combined
> the features of "smart playlists" from amarok 1.4 and the dynamic
> system in the 2.x series.  It never got into the main branch, but it's
> available in the "generator" branch in my personal git repository:
>
> git://gitorious.org/~stharward/amarok/stharward-work.git

This would also be a possible solution. I haven't looked at the code
myself, so I don't know how complex it is. But knowing the existing
code, I can;t imagine it being any more complicated than what we have
now...

> The backend is solid, but the project stalled because I needed to
> redesign the GUI, and just haven't had time to do it.  Take a look at
> the code, and if you're interested in cleaning it up, I'll be more
> than happy to help.  Send me an email off list.

Let's keep communication on public channels. As the students are
working on Amarok, and Amarok is developed publicly and in the open,
part of integrating into the community is using the established and
working communication methods. Taking things off list and private will
serve no one's ends and raises the possibility of projects stalling.

leo