the new sync framework

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Thu Jan 21 21:12:09 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 20:42, Casey Link <unnamedrambler at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 3:21 AM, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org> wrote:
>> Hey Casey,
>>
>> While working on that could you perhaps rename (and move) those
>> classes to CollectionSync?
>
> Sure thing. I've been working on the GUI for this:
>
> Music: http://binaryelysium.com/images/amarok_dialog_sync1.png
> Podcasts: http://binaryelysium.com/images/amarok_dialog_sync2.png
>
> What are your thoughts? Also, are there any special considerations for
> the playlist syncing?
>
> Casey

Well, playlist syncing doesn't need a separate dialog. At least that
is not the way I intended.

Synchronized playlists/podcasts will appear as one item in the browser
unless their grouped by provider. But then it's actually the same item
displayed twice.

Dropping a playlist on a different provider will set up a sync pair.
I'm not sure this should be done by default but I don't immediately
see the use case for copying a playlist to a device without having it
synced.

I'll explain further later, meanwhile read the code at
http://gitorious.org/~Stecchino/amarok/stecchinos-amarok/commits/playlist_sync

Bart